B:CIVIC joined the Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation as an affiliate in September 2018, solidifying a partnership dedicated to community leadership among businesses and the individuals who run them. This partnership grew from a shared goal to strengthen Colorado leaders and our business community. We now harness not only the power of individual civic engagement through the Leadership Foundation, but also support businesses to do more good through B:CIVIC. Our shared mission – educate and inspire individuals and organizations to take an active role in making Colorado better for all – is stronger than ever.
As B:CIVIC celebrates four years as an affiliate of the Leadership Foundation, there are many accomplishments to highlight:
– Brought together 125+ organizations to listen, learn, and lead with the racial equity pledge, Colorado Companies United Against Racism
– Grew the Colorado CSR movement, including the expansion of the University of Colorado Leeds School of Business Certification in CSR (CCSR) program and launch of the B:CIVIC CCSR scholarship to increase access
– Annually benchmarked the Colorado business community and honoring top companies through The Civic 50 Colorado, a partnership with CSR Solutions of Colorado
– Offered professional development programs on trending topics and peer networking opportunities for nearly 1,100 attendees throughout our fiscal year
– Completed a successful transition to our new investor model, which ensures a sustainable future for B:CIVIC to continue as the nexus of CSR for the region – we are now a community of 130+ investors
B:CIVIC will continue to grow this impact in the years to come with a focus on aligning with the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce family of organizations and elevating CSR and ESG for Colorado’s business community.
These goals will be made possible by Jerome Davis, EVP of the Denver Metro Chamber and President of the Leadership Foundation, and Jess Welser, Director of B:CIVIC and CSR, as well as our staff and advisory board of directors. “I’ve watched B:CIVIC transform from an informal group of Denver business leaders to the dynamic community it is today,” said Davis. “B:CIVIC has the power to inspire purpose-driving action from businesses. I’m excited for what’s coming next.”
- Allie Engelken, Vice President of Community Development, Denver Broncos
- Laura Roberts, Director of Gas Contracting, Xcel Energy
Learn more about the companies and resources mentioned:
- View the recording here
- Learn more about the Denver Broncos
- Learn more about Xcel Energy
- Learn more about Xcel Energy’s Day of Service
Join an upcoming B:CIVIC program here:
Learn from Leading CSR Professionals!
This was originally shared in our community newsletter on June 30, 2022.
This was initially shared in the B:CIVIC community newsletter on April 26, 2022.
Give It Up For Our Investors!
Since 2014, B:CIVIC has been creating an ecosystem where companies become better equipped to address both community and social issues that are important in Colorado.