Thank you for joining us for our virtual event in May 2021.
Thank you to our speakers for sharing their expertise, insight and inspiration on creating meaningful engagement.
- Kristin Chalson, Communications Specialist, DCP Midstream
- Caity Curtis, Director of CSR, Nutanix
- Bonnie Gross, Social Investments Representative, Xcel Energy
- Jayme Ritchie, Director of Community Relations, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
- Angie Ruddell, Engagement & CSR Manager, Empower Retirement
More about this event: This event was designed to address member requests around employee engagement, one of B:CIVIC’s pillars. Most teams have been remote since March 2020. We’ve seen changes in morale, productivity and engagement within our employee base. As some organizations think about re-entering the offices, some are still remaining at home and others are committing to a new way of hybrid work altogether. We’ve identified some of the good, bad – and ugly – from this last year of virtual engagement. In a “lightening round” format, our panelists shared the best innovative ways they’ve engage their employees to connect them in their company and out in the community.
A recording of the event and resources can be accessed below. The event slides can be accessed here.
Learn more about the companies and resources mentioned:
- Do’s and Don’ts of Virtual Engagement one-pager by B:CIVIC’s programs committee
- Access the slides from the event
- Learn about member, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
- Learn more about Plarn (plastic yarn): Brownstein employees engaged in a virtual volunteer event to turn plastic bags into plarn. The plarn is then used by Alyssa, a Denver-metro local to be knitted into bed mats for individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Connect with Alyssa at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn about member, DCP Midstream
- Learn more about the “watercooler” moments platform: Kristin used this platform while at QEP Resources to help connect different team members throughout the last year.
- Learn about member, Empower Retirement
- Learn more about Affirmity’s platform: Affirmity is a platform Empower utilizes for its employee resource groups (ERGs) and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts.
- Learn about member, Nutanix
- Learn more about Benevity’s Missions platform: The Benevity missions platform is used by Nutanix to engage its fully remote team in different challenges and tasks related to the organization, volunteerism and cause areas. Employees can earn points, be featured on a leader board and more.
- Learn about member, Xcel Energy
- Xcel’s BINGO Card: In 2020, for the first time Xcel hosted their day of service virtually. With this BINGO card they were able to engage stakeholders remotely, support local communities and offer incentives for those who engaged.
Join Upcoming Events
June 10: Small Biz Quarterly Roundtable
June 17: CSR Peer Roundtable & Virtual Voices | Put Your Power Where Your Mouth Is
June 22: Strategic Partnerships for Good
June 24: TIED’s 2nd Quarter Meeting: Employee Resource Groups