“No one is on the same Diversity, Equity and Inclusion journey.” – Tasha Jones, LV Jones Consulting
Equity is a crucial consideration to achieving a business’ mission. Diversity, equity and inclusion becomes sustainable when teammates are activated to be champions, and there are opportunities for everyone to get involved. This work is not going away; it is a value add-on to businesses. Through alignment with business goals, there are opportunities like resource groups, updating HR processes, talent strategies and more to mobilize DEI within your organization.
It is important to remember that ROI is not just the data; it is the storytelling and personal highlights. “You can’t measure the smiles and goosebumps.” – Leah Vescovi, VF Corporation
Thank you to Robert Franklin II, Tasha Jones and Leah Vescovi for sharing their insights and expertise. Thank you to All Copy Products for hosting us.
Interested in connecting with our speakers?
- Robert Franklin II, Director of Diversity, Health Equity & Inclusion, Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Tasha Jones, President and Founder, LV Jones Consulting
- Leah Vescovi, Senior Manager, Society and Movements, Global IDEA, VF Corporation
Learn more about our guest companies:
Access resources mentioned and shared at the event:
- View the recording here.
- Utilize B:CIVIC’s resource, Definitions to Frame the Conversation.
- Black Health Initiative
- Children’s Hospital Colorado Hiring and Celebrating Diversity
- DiverCity x Design Masterclass
- Disability Works: Inclusion Works
- Edelman Trust Barometer
- Listen to the podcast featuring Lauren Guthrie, VP, Global IDEA and Talent Development, VF Corporation
- VF Corporation’s IDEA Profile
- Ready or Not Media, a company dedicated to disrupting traditional narratives of disability and promoting equality, and empathy. Watch their 90-second video.
Here’s what our speakers are reading and watching:
- Bryan Stevenson’s Ted Talk
- DEI Deconstructed: Your No-Nonsense Guide to Doing the Work and Doing it Right by Lily Zheng
- Four I’s of Oppression
- Heather McGhee
- Ibram X. Kendi
- Identity Capitalists: The Powerful Insiders Who Exploit Diversity to Maintain Inequality by Nancy Leong
- Inclusify: The Power of Uniqueness and Belonging to Build Innovative Teams by Stefanie K. Johnson
- Intercultural Development Inventory
- Isabel Wilkerson
- Malcolm Gladwell
- How Microaggressions Are Like Mosquito Bites
- NYT Op-Docs
- Project Implicit
- Resmaa Menakem
- Ruha Benjamin’s Ted Talk
- Sometimes You’re a Caterpillar