Thank you for joining us for our virtual event.
Thank you to Andy and Ian for sharing their expertise and insight around the current state of the Boulder County fires, the road to recovery, how you can help and future disaster preparation.
Thank you to our speakers:
- Ian Anderson, Chair, Colorado Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (COVOAD)
- Andy Bailey, Program Manager of CSR & Disaster Response for AT&T
A recording of the event and resources can be accessed below:
Learn more about the resources mentioned:
- Organizations and funds mentions:
- A Precious Child – Group Volunteer Opportunities Available
- American Red Cross of Colorado
- Boulder County Wildfire Fund managed by Community Foundation Boulder County
- Boulder County VOAD
- Colorado Business Emergency Operations Center
- Colorado Emergency Preparedness Partnership (CEPP)
- Colorado Responds – Group Volunteer Opportunities Available
- Colorado VOAD
- Community Food Share
- National VOAD
- Salvation Army Interdivision – Colorado
- Sister Carmen Community Center
- Team Rubicon
- Donate materials, food, water and services via boco.org/MarshallFire, Colorado Responds, Sister Carmen Community Center or A Precious Child
- Follow Colorado Responds for updates on volunteer opportunities
- Sign up to volunteer through the American Red Cross
- Visit Boulder Office of Emergency Management for the latest info regarding evacuation services and needs
- Click here to learn how other organizations are responding
- Find the B:CIVIC Disaster Response Toolkit below
If you have been impacted directly or know someone who needs help, please connect with:
- American Red Cross
- Developing Marshall Fire 211 Resource List
- Boulder County Marshall Fire Recovery Page
Planning for Resilience: B:CIVIC’s Disaster Response Toolkit
In 2021, B:CIVIC with Fourth Wave Strategies, developed the Disaster Response Toolkit to map out effective strategies and best practices to respond to all types of disasters and build resiliency. We hope this toolkit helps inform and educate your disaster response strategies.
Thank you to our participating organizations: American Red Cross, AT&T, Ball Corporation, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, Charles Schwab, Delta Dental of Colorado, DiamondBack Energy (formerly QEP Resources), IMA Financial, Molson Coors Beverage Company, Prosono, Western Union and Xcel Energy.
In April 2021, we hosted a webinar on disaster preparedness and creating resilience for your organization and community with the American Red Cross, FEMA and GroundFloor Media. A recording of the event and resources can be accessed here.