This was originally shared in the B:CIVIC community newsletter on Jan. 4, 2022.
Resources to Help Support Boulder County
We are deeply saddened by the devastation caused by the Marshall and Middle Fork Fires in Boulder County. There has never been a more critical time for Colorado companies to come together and take a proactive, strategic approach to supporting all phases of the disaster cycle.
Ways to support:
- Donate to:
- Donate materials, food, water and services via boco.org/MarshallFire and A Precious Child
- Find or give housing support via Airbnb’s Open Homes program
- Follow Colorado Responds for volunteer opportunities and donations
- Sign up to volunteer through the American Red Cross
- Visit Boulder Office of Emergency Management or Colorado Public Radio for the latest info regarding needs and resources
If you have been impacted directly and need immediate help, please contact the American Red Cross.
How some companies are already supporting:
- Alteryx has increased it’s employee donation match from $25,000 to $50,000 to the Boulder County Wildfire Fund.
- Ball Corporation is donating $1 million to the Community Foundation Boulder County and The Ball Foundation will match employee donations. Additionally, Ball Corporation partnered with Can’d Aid to donate 50,000 cans of water.
- Delta Dental of Colorado, through the Delta Dental of Colorado Foundation, is donating $50,000 to the Boulder County Wildfire Fund and donating oral hygiene supplies to community organizations on the ground.
- FirstBank has launched several support programs to help impacted parties internally and externally, including care packages, financial contributions, an employee-led fund and a dedicated line for impacted customers.
- Kaiser Permanente is donating $350,000 to the American Red Cross and $150,000 to the Boulder County Wildfire Fund. Kaiser will match employee donations up to $1,000 per year for each Colorado physician and employee.
- Molson Coors sent 100,000 cases of canned water and is donating $25,000 to the Boulder County Wildfire Fund.
- Premier Members Credit Union is donating $50,000 to the Boulder County Wildfire Fund. In addition, Premier Members Credit Union will collect donations from its members and the public for the wildfire fund.
- Terrapin Care Station launched donation drives out of its Boulder County stores. Terrapin is donating $10,000 to the Humane Society of Boulder Valley, $10,000 to the Sister Carmen Community Center and will match employee donations up to $5,000.
- The VF Foundation is donating $50,000 to the Boulder County Wildfire Fund. In addition, the Foundation and VF Corporation is matching employee donations through the American Red Cross and Community Foundation Boulder County.
- Twilio is donating $25,000 and is matching employee donations.
- S&P Global Foundation is donating $150,000 to the Boulder County Wildfire Fund, American Red Cross and Community Food Share, and is matching employee donations to $5,000 per employee. The S&P Global Centennial Office has donated cases of bottled water to the Boulder Office of Emergency Management.
- Wells Fargo is donating $200,000 to the American Red Cross support relief efforts.
- Xcel Energy and the Xcel Energy Foundation are donating $100,000 to the American Red Cross.
If you are interested in joining a call to learn more about the Boulder County fires and the road to recovery with Ian Anderson, Chair of Colorado Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (COVOAD)? Let us know here.
If we get enough interest, we will set up a call with Ian and Andy Bailey, program manager, AT&T Humanitarian Disaster Response, CSR Appreciation and Recognition for AT&T.
Planning for Resilience: B:CIVIC’s Disaster Response Toolkit
In 2021, B:CIVIC with Fourth Wave Strategies, developed the Disaster Response Toolkit to map out effective strategies and best practices to respond to all types of disasters and build resiliency. We hope this toolkit helps inform and educate your disaster response strategies.
Thank you to our participating organizations: American Red Cross, AT&T, Ball Corporation, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, Charles Schwab, Delta Dental of Colorado, DiamondBack Energy (formerly QEP Resources), IMA Financial, Molson Coors Beverage Company, Prosono, Western Union and Xcel Energy.
In April 2021, we hosted a webinar on disaster preparedness and creating resilience for your organization and community with the American Red Cross, FEMA and GroundFloor Media. A recording of the event and resources can be accessed here.