The below was shared in the B:CIVIC community newsletter on April 23, 2021.
Earn Your Certification in CSR
The Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility (CESR) has developed a Certificate in Corporate Social Responsibility (CCSR) program for people seeking to further themselves and their companies in the practice of socially responsible business.
The CCSR course is collaborative, interpersonal and experiential, with dialogue-based learning involving cohort members and subject matter experts. Through knowledgeable instructors and guest speakers, you’ll get practical, applicable best practices that can help you deliver maximum value back to your company, organization and the communities you serve. Due to increasing demand, the program has recently expanded to add a Thursday cohort. The cohorts are anticipated to fill up before the course deadline and it is recommended you apply as soon as possible if you are interested.
Tuesday Cohort: Tuesdays, 6 – 8:15 p.m. (MST), from Aug. 31 to Dec. 14
Wednesday Cohort: Wednesdays, 6 – 8:15 p.m. (MST), from Sept. 1 to Dec. 15
Thursday Cohort: Thursdays, 5 – 7:15 p.m. (MST), from Sept. 2 to Dec. 16
B:CIVIC is proud to offer a partial scholarship for the CCSR course. To advance the B:CIVIC mission of elevating business for good, B:CIVIC will offer one individual per semester a needs-based partial scholarship for participation in the CCSR program. The purpose of the B:CIVIC scholarship is to increase community leaders’ engagement in the field of corporate social responsibility and offer them direct experience to inform their social impact work. You do not have to be a B:CIVIC member to qualify for this scholarship.
- Preference given to individuals who have demonstrated interest in the areas of business ethics, social responsibility and/or sustainability in their careers to date.
- Preference given to individuals with experience working in the community to advance social justice issues.
Fall Cohort: Scholarship and course applications are due Aug. 1, 2021.
Engage During National Volunteer Week
Join the Leadership Foundation and B:CIVIC for National Volunteer Week on April 19-23! We have several in-person and virtual ways to engage.
- Tuesday, April 20 (Virtual/independent opportunity): Create and send inspirational cards/notes to seniors in the Volunteers of America | Meals on Wheels and affordable housing programs.
- Wednesday, April 21: Show us on your social media platforms how you show up for your community by sharing your favorite place to volunteer your skills, time or for a family tradition, using the hashtag #HowCOLeads.
- Thursday, April 22, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Get outside on Earth Day! Celebrate by volunteering with Denver Parks and Recreation at Washington Park. Volunteers will be outdoors mulching trees, removing debris and painting. Masks and social distancing will be required.
- Friday, April 23, 7 – 8:30 a.m.: Help us pack PowerSacks for kiddos to bridge the gap between meals they receive at school and the weekend, when these meals are not available. Activity is indoors, masks and social distancing will be required.
Click here to sign up for one of these opportunities. We hope to see you there!
Events & Jobs
2021 Business Awards, presented by BOK Financial
April 14, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | Community Event
CSR Peer Roundtable
April 15, 8 – 9 a.m. | For-Profit B:CIVIC Members
Creating Resilience For Your Community & Organization
April 21, 1 – 2 p.m. | Community Event
The Civic 50: Impact Measurement for Benchmarking & Storytelling
April 22, Noon – 1 p.m. | Community Event
Virtual Voices | Overcoming Denial and Resistance: Tools to Having Meaningful Race and Equity Conversations
April 22, Noon – 1 p.m. | Community Event
- Program Director – Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation
- Corporate Giving Representative – Xcel Energy
- CSR Analyst – Nutanix
- DEI & Social Impact Manager – Everside Health
- Environmental, Social & Governance Manager – Empower Retirement
- Instructor of Social Responsibility and Sustainability – University of Colorado
- Program Manager, Community Recognition Programs – Alteryx
- Senior CSR Regional Officer – Bank of the West
- Supplier Diversity Program Manager – McKinstry
- Sustainability Consultant I – Group14 Engineering
B:CIVIC Summit Workshop RFP
Are you interested in hosting a 60-minute workshop at the 2021 B:CIVIC Summit, Act to Achieve | CSR Accelerated on Oct. 27? Submit a workshop RFP and you could be selected to speak! Workshops are intended to be tactical and provide attendees with the insights, tools and best practices to move the field of CSR forward.
Submit your workshop RFP by April 30.