Creating Resilience For Your Organization
April 21 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm MDT
2020 was a record year for natural disasters. Colorado faced its worst wildfire season to date. And we know natural disasters are increasing at an alarming rate. It is critical to develop a holistic, strategic response plan before the next disaster strikes. From communications to community impact and most importantly, your employees, as an organization, you have responsibilities during times of crisis. But how do you prepare to respond? What do you need to have in place to be successful? And what does that look like here in Colorado? Join representatives from FEMA, GroundFloor Media | CenterTable and the American Red Cross as they share how your organization can build strategies and resilience for a time of crisis.
These leading experts will provide best in class examples of how an organization can support disaster response and employee safety, partner with organizations on the ground and communicate effectively. This event builds off of B:CIVIC’s 2021 toolkit, Planning for Resilience: Disaster Response Toolkit.
This virtual event will cover:
• Ways your organization can build a resilient disaster response strategy for the upcoming disaster season in Colorado and scale it nationally
• How to plan communications for internal and external audiences before a crisis hits
• Finding the right partner for you and connecting before disaster strikes
• What an employee safety plan should have
- Tony Mendes, Senior Emergency Management Specialist, FEMA Region VIII
- Troy Staples, Director of Preparedness, The American Red Cross
- Jeremy Story, Vice President, GroundFloor Media