B:CIVIC has programs and events open to everyone, such as our Sparks ‘n Sips programs, as well as programs open only to members. Please check our calendar periodically to see what is available.
Not sure if you’re a B:CIVIC member? Check Here.
Non- members, watch for forthcoming details on our end-of-summer Sparks n’ Sips, open to everyone (small registration fee for non-members), as well as our upcoming fall Summit (date to be announced soon).
B:CIVIC Working Lunch: Telling Your CSR Story
For Members Only- As another member benefit, registration is complimentary.
Your company has made a CSR commitment, but how do you share it with your employees, partners, and customers in a way that has impact? Join B:CIVIC for a conversation about communicating your CSR story facilitated by Barefoot PR. Together, we will talk about best practices for incorporating CSR into your company’s overall communications plan, tools and tactics for spreading the word, and common roadblocks you may encounter.
Date: Wednesday, August 30 11:30 am- 1 pm
Facilitated by: Cori Streetman and Sarah Hogan of Barefoot PR* (pictured right)
Hosted at: CoBiz Financial – 1401 Lawrence Street Suite 1200, Denver 80202
Bring Your Lunch. Drinks and snacks provided by CoBiz Financial.
Participants pay for their parking. A garage, located at 14th and Lawrence, is adjacent to the CoBiz offices.
As yet another member benefit, the event is free and open only to members and is limited to the first 25 registrants.
Not sure if your company is a member? See our member directory or join now.
REGISTER BCIVIC Working Lunch Flyer
* Barefoot PR is a team of creative and passionate professionals who work with both businesses and nonprofits to build reputational capital through traditional and non-traditional public relations strategies. Barefoot PR focuses primarily on community investment, working to incorporate such efforts into an organization’s story – all the while never losing sight of values, mission, and objectives.
B:CIVIC Sparks ‘n Sips: Fortune’s Most Admired with DaVita and DISH
Complimentary registration for all employees of B:CIVIC member companies. So, bring employees from across your divisions to gain valuable insight, meet professionals from other like-minded businesses, and be a part of the B:CIVIC community! Alumni and current students from the CU-Boulder Leeds School of Business Certification in Corporate Social Responsibility, a program in partnership with B:CIVIC, are also invited as our guests.
Thursday, Oct 5 4 pm- 6 pm (includes program and reception)
Hosted at Hogan Lovells – 1601 Wewatta St. Suite 900, Denver 80202
Being ranked one of the “Most Admired” companies in the world by Fortune magazine is a prominence few in Colorado experience. In 2017, with social responsibility identified as one of the nine key metrics for the world’s most admired list, five exceptional Colorado companies were named to the list, and three of the five are celebrated by B:CIVIC as members who support our mission: DaVita, DISH; Ball Corporation.
These companies are focusing global attention to Colorado, where businesses across industries are demonstrating that purpose, passion, and focus can all work together to create success. At B:CIVIC, as we develop resources, thought leadership opportunities, best practice case studies, and networks with like-minded businesses, we also are driving toward increased value about the importance of community engagement and social responsibility.
Please join us on Thursday, October 5, 2017, when we hear from Bill Myers, Vice President of Marketing and Communications at DaVita; and Bob Toevs, Vice President of Corporate Communications for DISH. They will share their company’s programs and initiatives and discuss why social responsibility is a core element of their corporate strategy, and what this recognition means to their company and stakeholders.
If you or your company believe that business growth through community engagement, social responsibility, and corporate citizenship are integral to your stakeholders, you need to join us. No matter if your company looks forward to being named as one of the world’s most admired, working with them, getting started with important practices, this program is designed for you.
Sponsor | Host
B:CIVIC Peer Roundtables for CSR Professionals
As yet another member benefit, roundtables are open to B:CIVIC members who are CSR professionals, including those in corporate philanthropy, community relations, community investment, sustainability, strategic initiatives, marketing, HR and similar roles. Your responsibilities do not have to be exclusively in CSR, however, they must touch on this area. Non-members are invited to attend as an initial step in exploring B:CIVIC membership for their company. Not yet a member? We invite you to join B:CIVIC!
CSR professionals may attend any or all of the four area roundtable groups listed below, however, registration is required. Contact B:CIVIC
(720-428-7000 ) if you a CSR professional interested in attending and in order to receive an invitation to register and attend.
CSR Roundtables are now set in four geographic areas, so there is generally about one roundtable each month. Each of the four areas holds their roundtables every other month, with some exceptions.
B:CIVIC CSR Peer Roundtables. Thank you to our hosts!
Roundtables are slotted for 7:30 to 9 am, with the first 15-30 minutes for networking over a light breakfast, and the meeting starts around 7:45 or 8 am.
Downtown Denver – Meets the second Wednesday of every other month, through December, from 7:30 am to 9 am.
- Feb 8- CoBiz Financial 1401 Lawrence St #1200, Denver, CO 80202
- April 12 – Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck 410 17th St #2200, Denver, CO 80202
- June 14 – QEP Resources 1050 17th Street, Suite 800. Denver, CO 80265
- Aug 9 – Encana 370 17th St # 1700, Denver, CO 80202
- Oct 11 – BridgePoint (Univ Rockies), 1515 Arapahoe St, Tower 3, Floor 11. Bridgepoint Plaza. Register/RSVP
- Dec 13 –Wheeler Trigg O’Donnell LLP, 370 17th St. , Suite 4500, Denver, CO 80202
North Metro– Meets the first Thursday of every other month from 7:30-9 am, with some exceptions, due to holidays or other factors. Next meetings:
- March 2 3:00 pm (socialize) meeting begins 3:30 pm at Odell Brewing, 800 East Lincoln Ave, Fort Collins.
- May 5 – Friday, 7:30 – 9 am. Level 3 Communications, 1025 Eldorado Blvd., Broomfield, CO.
- July 13 – Thursday, 7:30- 9 am DanoneWave, 12002 Airport Way, Broomfield, CO 80021
- Sept. 7 – Thursday, 7:30- 9 am DanoneWave, 12002 Airport Way, Broomfield, CO 80021 Register/RSVP
- Nov. 2 – Location/Host TBD
Denver Tech Center – Meets the third Thursday of every other month, from 7:30 am – 9 am. Next meetings:
- January 19- CoBank 6340 S. Fiddlers Green Circle, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
- March 16 – Great-West Financial/Empower Retirement, 8525 E. Orchard Road, Tower 3, 8th floor, Golden Gate room, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
- May 18 – Richey May & Co. 9605 S. Kingston Ct., Suite 200, Englewood, CO 80112
- July 20 –Great-West Financial/Empower Retirement, 8525 E. Orchard Road, Tower 3, 8th floor, Golden Gate room, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
- Sept 21 – Location/Host TBD
- Nov 16 – Location/Host TBD
Watch for our upcoming events, and sign up for our e-newsletter to see what’s ahead.