UPCOMING EVENTS: Sparks ‘n Sips, Partner Events and CSR Roundtables
You probably appreciate that Vail Resorts is an admired place to work and maybe you know that Smartwool has an enthusiastic. But did you know that the branding, communication and employee engagement these companies create plays a key role in their success?
A Cone Communications Employee Engagement Study reports that companies are increasingly being expected to allow their employees to bring their passions for social and environmental issues to the workplace. What does this mean for your organization’s brand and what you want to be known for, how you communicate that brand, and how that ties into employee and community engagement?
Join us for Sparks ‘n Sips on April 20th to hear speakers from two successful and forward-thinking companies with experience in this arena. The program will feature Meredith Mirrington, Director of Culture and Communications, Vail Resorts and Molly Cuffe, Director of Global Communications, Smartwool, who will share their experience, stories, and examples of effective branding and communications to build employee engagement. After the program, participants are invited to network and enjoy refreshments graciously provided by B:CIVIC member and event host, Vail Resorts.
Hosted by Vail Resorts
390 Interlocken Crescent #1000, Broomfield, CO 80021
Registration 4:15 – 4:30 pm
Program 4:30 – 5:30 pm
Networking 5:30 – 6:15 pm
FREE for B:CIVIC Member companies and all their employees
$45 for non-members of B:CIVIC
B:CIVIC Peer Roundtables for CSR Professionals
As yet another member benefit, roundtables are open to B:CIVIC members who are CSR professionals, including those in corporate philanthropy, community relations, community investment, sustainability, strategic initiatives, marketing, HR and similar roles. Your responsibilities do not have to be exclusively in CSR, however they must touch on this area. Non-members are invited to attend as an initial step in exploring B:CIVIC membership for their company. Not yet a member? We invite you to join B:CIVIC!
CSR professionals may attend any or all of the four area roundtable groups listed below, however, registration is required. Contact B:CIVIC
(720-428-7000 ) if you a CSR professional interested in attending and in order to receive an invitation to register and attend.
CSR Roundtables are now set in four geographic areas, so there is generally about one roundtable each month. Each of the four areas holds their roundtables every other month, with some exceptions.
B:CIVIC CSR Peer Roundtables. Thank you to our hosts!
Downtown Denver – Meets the second Wednesday of every other month (until 10/11/2017 ) from 7:30 am to 9 am.
- Feb 8- CoBiz Financial 1401 Lawrence St #1200, Denver, CO 80202
- April 12 – Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck 410 17th St #2200, Denver, CO 80202 RSVP/register
- June 14 – QEP Resources 1050 17th Street, Suite 800. Denver, CO 80265
- Aug 9 – Location/ host TBD
- Oct 11 – BridgePoint Education / Univ of the Rockies/Ashford Univ
Northwest Metro– Meets the first Thursday of every other month from 7:30-9 am, with some exceptions. Next meetings:
- March 2 3:00 pm (socialize) meeting begins 3:30 pm at Odell Brewing, 800 East Lincoln Ave, Fort Collins.
- May 5 – Friday, 7:30 – 9 am. Hosted by Level 3 Communications, 1025 Eldorado Blvd., Broomfield, CO. RSVP/register
- July 6 – Due to the holiday, this date may be moved. Check back in June. Location/Host TBD
- Sept. 7 –Location/Host TBD
- Nov. 2 –Location/Host TBD
Denver Tech Center – Meets the third Thursday of every other month, from 7:30 am – 9 am. Next meetings:
- March 16 – Great-West Financial/Empower Retirement, 8525 E. Orchard Road, Tower 3, 8th floor, Golden Gate room, Greenwood Village, CO 80111. RSVP/ Register
- May 18 – Richey May & Co. 9605 S. Kingston Ct., Suite 200, Englewood, CO 80112
- July 13 – Location/Host TBD
- Sept 14 – Location/Host TBD
- Nov. 16 – Location/Host TBD
Northern Colorado (NoCo) Meets every other month, typically 8:30- 10 am, at a location in or near Fort Collins.
- Feb. 24 (Fri.) 8:30-10am hosted by Brinkman, 3528 Precision Dr, Fort Collins 80528. Call B:CIVIC at 720-428-7000.
Watch for our upcoming events, and sign up for our e-newsletter to see what’s ahead.