Events June / July
B:CIVIC has programs and events for members, as well as programs open to everyone, such as our Sparks ‘n Sips programs. Please check our calendar periodically to see what is available.
Not sure if you’re a B:CIVIC member? Check Here.
Non- members, watch for forthcoming details on our summer Sparks n’ Sips, open to everyone (small registration fee for non-members).
Working Lunch: Cultivating Employee Engagement
Members-only program. Open to and free for all employees of member companies.
Thursday, July 13 11:30 – 1 pm
Hosted by First Western Trust 1900 16th Street, Suite 1200, Denver, 80202.
Facilitated by Alexis Owen, Director of Brand, First Western Trust
- Do you know what drives employee engagement at your company?
- Why do some programs fail and other succeed?
- What’s the best way to measure engagement?
- How do you gain executive buy-in and HR support?
Join us for a facilitated discussion/exchange of ideas on employee engagement and volunteering. We will hear briefly from Alexis on her company’s approaches. Then, share your successes and challenges, and learn from other attendees who are grappling with these and related issues. Come with examples of your programs, communications, and tools, and be prepared to share!
Drinks and light snacks will be provided by First Western Trust. Please bring your lunch.
Registration limited to 20 attendees/B:CIVIC members. Qualified registrants should assume they have a spot unless notified otherwise in advance of the event. Not sure if you are a member? Check here.
B:CIVIC Peer Roundtables for CSR Professionals
As yet another member benefit, roundtables are open to B:CIVIC members who are CSR professionals, including those in corporate philanthropy, community relations, community investment, sustainability, strategic initiatives, marketing, HR and similar roles. Your responsibilities do not have to be exclusively in CSR, however, they must touch on this area. Non-members are invited to attend as an initial step in exploring B:CIVIC membership for their company. Not yet a member? We invite you to join B:CIVIC!
CSR professionals may attend any or all of the four area roundtable groups listed below, however, registration is required. Contact B:CIVIC
(720-428-7000 ) if you a CSR professional interested in attending and in order to receive an invitation to register and attend.
CSR Roundtables are now set in four geographic areas, so there is generally about one roundtable each month. Each of the four areas holds their roundtables every other month, with some exceptions.
B:CIVIC CSR Peer Roundtables. Thank you to our hosts!
Roundtables are slotted for 7:30 to 9 am, with the first 15-30 minutes for networking over a light breakfast, and the meeting starts around 7:45 or 8 am.
Downtown Denver – Meets the second Wednesday of every other month, through December, from 7:30 am to 9 am.
- Feb 8- CoBiz Financial 1401 Lawrence St #1200, Denver, CO 80202
- April 12 – Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck 410 17th St #2200, Denver, CO 80202
- June 14 – QEP Resources 1050 17th Street, Suite 800. Denver, CO 80265
- Aug 9 – Encana 370 17th St # 1700, Denver, CO 80202
- Oct 11 – BridgePoint Education / Univ of the Rockies/Ashford Univ
- Dec 13 –Wheeler Trigg O’Donnell LLP, 370 17th St. , Suite 4500, Denver, CO 80202
Northwest Metro– Meets the first Thursday of every other month from 7:30-9 am, with some exceptions, due to holidays or other factors. Next meetings:
- March 2 3:00 pm (socialize) meeting begins 3:30 pm at Odell Brewing, 800 East Lincoln Ave, Fort Collins.
- May 5 – Friday, 7:30 – 9 am. Level 3 Communications, 1025 Eldorado Blvd., Broomfield, CO.
- July 13 – Thursday, 7:30- 9 am DanoneWave, 12002 Airport Way, Broomfield, CO 80021 RSVP /register
- Sept. 7 – Location/Host TBD
- Nov. 2 – Location/Host TBD
Denver Tech Center – Meets the third Thursday of every other month, from 7:30 am – 9 am. Next meetings:
- January 19- CoBank 6340 S. Fiddlers Green Circle, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
- March 16 – Great-West Financial/Empower Retirement, 8525 E. Orchard Road, Tower 3, 8th floor, Golden Gate room, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
- May 18 – Richey May & Co. 9605 S. Kingston Ct., Suite 200, Englewood, CO 80112
- July 20 –Great-West Financial/Empower Retirement, 8525 E. Orchard Road, Tower 3, 8th floor, Golden Gate room, Greenwood Village, CO 80111. RSVP/register
- Sept 28 – Location/Host TBD
- Nov. – Date to be determined due to Thanksgiving, and location/host TBD
Watch for our upcoming events, and sign up for our e-newsletter to see what’s ahead.