Corporate Citizenship Fast Track Certification
Reserve Your Seat Now! April 18-22 in Denver
B:CIVIC proud to present the only Corporate Citizenship Fast Track Certificate program in Denver in 2016, a week-long career development opportunity for in-house professionals* that provides a foundation in corporate social responsibility through training, measurement tools and communication fundamentals and much more. This program is designed and delivered by Boston College’s Center for Corporate Citizenship, Carroll School of Management and will take place in Denver one time from April 18-22, 2016 at the DaVita offices in downtown Denver.
Sign Up Today – Email email@example.com or call 303.884.9632
- Gain a broad understanding of corporate citizenship concepts and trends.
- Assess the competitive landscape, using leading business strategy models such as Porter’s Five Forces and Blue Ocean Strategy and identify opportunities for corporate citizenship to support business strategy.
- Understand and apply the Logic Model as a “theory of change” and tool for assessing, improving, and creating business and social metrics and KPIs.
- Conduct evaluations to show social and business value for corporate citizenship investment
- Evaluate your existing corporate citizenship portfolio assets
- Communicate effectively internally and across functions to gain stakeholder buy-in, align project goals and outcomes, and engage employees with proven tools such as a Message Triangle and the application of “sticky” communication principles
- Understand the emerging role of sustainability reporting in communicating corporate citizenship internally and externally
Eligible attendees will take advantage of incredible values through this program:
- Money savings – The certificate is significantly discounted from the standard tuition rate for a Boston College certificate, which is normally split into five separate modules across the country. (The standard certification can cost up to $14,500, not counting travel expenses.)
- Convenience – Attending significantly discounted courses in DaVita HealthCare Partners’ beautiful downtown Denver conference space provides incredible savings on travel expenses.
- Time – Rather than taking time off work and traveling to different cities for one course at at time, attendees will be able to capture the entire certification in one short week.
- Professional connections – Course participants will learn alongside local peers and will keep the conversations going long after the program ends.
*Boston College requires that all attendees work in corporate social responsibility positions for a business or corporate foundation. Unfortunately, consultants and nonprofit representatives are not eligible to attend, but B:CIVIC is in the process of developing certifications for all representatives of the Colorado business community. If you would like to be involved, please contact us today!
Monday, April 18 – Friday, April 22, 2016
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Breakfast and lunch will be served daily.
DaVita HealthCare Partners
2000 16th Street
Denver, CO 80202
B:CIVIC Members: $5,000
Attendees do not need to live in Denver, and this certification is eligible for many companies’ tuition reimbursement or professional development benefits. Hotel accomodations will need to be made individually for those travelling to the city.
Ron Brown Ron has extensive corporate experience in the electric utility industry. His business experience and professional development background provide a valuable combination for skills development and application in the corporate environment. He has developed and taught a broad range of professional development courses for a wide range of national and international businesses. He was Director, Community Relations Program Development with Progress Energy prior to founding Impact Resources. Ron is founder and President of Impact Resources, Inc., a firm dedicated to providing a management development, facilitation and consulting services with a primary focus on the development of successful corporate citizenship programs and strategies.
Bruce DeBoskey, J.D. Bruce is a Colorado-based Philanthropic Strategist with The DeBoskey Group, a national consulting practice he founded to help businesses, foundations and families design and implement thoughtful philanthropic and community investment strategies to achieve meaningful impact. He writes a nationally syndicated regular column “On Philanthropy” in the Business section of the Sunday Denver Post, is the Dean of Philanthropy for the Purposeful Planning Institute and a frequent speaker at workshops and conferences on philanthropic strategy. Bruce served for nearly nine years as the Anti-Defamation League’s Mountain States Regional Director, and for 25 years before that, as a civil litigator. He holds a B.A. from Indiana University and a J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center.
Stewart Rassier Stewart is the Director of Executive Education at the Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship; he has more than 11 years of sustainability education, communications, and advisory experience working with leading companies across the globe. Stewart has designed and implemented workshops, sustainability strategies, policies, programs, and performance management systems that connect sustainability to the business, reduce cost, engage stakeholders, and produce impact. Prior to the Center, Stewart was the regional head of North America at AccountAbility, a sustainability advisory, research, and standards organization, and was a director at Saatchi & Saatchi Sustainability, a sustainability strategy consultancy within the global communications firm. Stewart is a graduate of the University of St. Andrews, Scotland, where he received both his bachelor and master degree in international relations and social anthropology.
Please contact B:CIVIC Executive Director Su Hawk if you would like to participate in the Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship Fast Track program!
Boston College Certification is the Gold Standard for Corporate Community Involvement, and being able to take all the required classes here in Denver in one condensed week is a unique opportunity and a huge money saver. The faculty are top notch, the materials up-to-date, and curriculum right on target. If you want to advance your own career, or enhance your companies programs, I highly recommend you enroll in the Fast Track Certificate program.Joyce Witte, Community Investment Advisor, Encana
“After attending the first full week of the Boston College Corporate Citizenship Leadership Academy, I feel as if I’ve attended an MBA program condensed into a week. The level of discussion among my peers was strategic and helped guide thoughtful conversation as to what our individual CSR programs are really all about and what they are trying to accomplish from a corporate perspective. Each session was led by well-seasoned professors who are thought-leaders in the CSR space and published authors. The Dean of the school presented materials during two separate lectures which were impactful and made each participant really think about their own leadership skills and how best to apply their strengths. I was skeptical going in – but the time and the financial commitment was well worth it.”Sondra Smith, Senior Director, Corporate Social Responsibility, Level 3 Communications; Executive Director, Level 3 Foundation