Link to Kimbal Musk.
Exponentially entrepreneurial. That’s Kimbal Musk.
Recently, thanks to the Center for Education on Social Responsibility (CESR) at the Leeds School of Business, B:CIVIC members were invited to hear from Kimbal and to be a part of CESR’s Conscious Capitalism Conference focused on Food Security.
Kimbal is a Colorado and national success story in many ways, not only because of his business accomplishments with X.com, Zip2 Corporation, PayPal, and OneRiot, and with his brother for SpaceX and Tesla – but also because of his dedication to “real food.” He fed that passion through his development of The Kitchen, The Kitchen Community, Next Door, Learning Gardens and his newest initiative, Square Roots.
At the recent conference, Kimbal spoke genuinely about his cause to focus on the “real food” movement and nourishing local farmers, people, and the planet. He shared his personal tragedy and triumphs from his 2010 winter tubing accident, and the profound impact that played in his life’s dedication to real food, and the importance that food brings in building community.
If you or your company care about has nourishment, “real food,” sustainability and how to create a local sourcing ecosystem, we encourage you to read more from Kimbal about vertical farming and Square Roots. And of course, stay in touch with CU/CESR for more innovative learning. It’s wonderful to have CU/CESR in our midst to facilitate such discussions.
The CSR Certification class still has some open seats! The deadline to apply has been extended through Thursday, January 12.
Apply now. Classes begin January 18.
Why enroll in the Certification in Corporate Social Responsibility Program through the CU-Boulder Leeds, CESR – a certification program in partnership with B:CIVIC?
- It equips you with the knowledge to advance your company and career.
- It’s local, in Denver, so no out-of-state travel time or expense.
- It’s compressed – just once a week (plus a few Saturdays).
- It costs substantially less than most other programs. B:CIVIC members receive a $500 discount.
- It focuses on the core competencies every CSR professional should know.
- You’ll gain access to guest speakers, instructors, peer networking, and best practices.
- It’s beneficial to those changing careers and those looking to move ahead.
- Read more about the class and program.
Join your peers in the know.
Congratulations to all of the December 2016 graduates from the first-ever CSR Certification Program at the CU Leeds School of Business, CESR Center, presented in partnership with B:CIVIC (visit our page for those pictured).
The program grew out of the initiative of B:CIVIC who, together with the CU Leeds Center for Education on Social Responsibility (CESR) and several passionate volunteer CSR professionals, collaborated during 2015 and 2016 to envision and map out the program. These efforts included defining the program focus to address core competencies in corporate social responsibility, incorporating peer-learning, providing best practice examples from guest speakers, including B:CIVIC member companies, enhancing the CSR profession, enabling those from B:CIVIC member companies first opportunity to enroll each session and providing a tuition discount to B:CIVIC members. The program was the first of its kind in the metro Denver region when it kicked off in the fall of 2016.
Special thanks to our collaborators and the creators of this program:
- Dr. Mark Meaney, Executive Director, CESR, CU Leeds School of Business
- David S. Payne, Instructor, CESR, CU LEEDS School of Business
- Lori Call, Stakeholder Engagement, Kaiser Permanente and B:CIVIC 2017 Board Chair
- Su Hawk, President/CEO, B:CIVIC
- Geri Mitchell-Brown, Director, Rally for Impact Foundation
- Sondra Smith, Senior Director, Corporate Social Responsibility; Director, Level 3 Communications Foundation
- Jessica Silba, Sr. Manager, Corporate Philanthropy, Community Affairs and Events, The WhiteWave Foods Company
Invitation to Elevate Your CSR Expertise and Join Our New Certification in Corporate Social Responsibility (CCSR) Program
B:CIVIC’s mission is to promote and advance business philanthropy and community involvement across Colorado, and we are so proud today to announce a new program and a partnership with the Center for Education on Social Responsibility (CESR) at the CU-Boulder Leeds School of Business.
Why This Is Important
More and more businesses are joining the movement of conscious capitalism – choosing to evaluate their success on the “triple bottom line” – their impact on people and the planet, as well as making a profit. In addition, corporations face ever-increasing pressure from consumers, shareholders, and society to be more socially responsible. As a consequence, people leading CSR efforts within their companies are looking for ways to learn practical, applicable best practices that can help deliver maximum value back to their companies and the communities they serve.
The newly created CU-Boulder Leeds School of Business Certification in Corporate Social Responsibility, in partnership with B:CIVIC, is designed to address the evolving needs of CSR practitioners, regardless of role or title. And, whether you are an experienced CSR professional, just starting out in your CSR career, or wanting to make a career change in this direction, this certification program provides an opportunity to further your knowledge, ideas and network within the Colorado CSR community.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the class is filled.
- As yet another benefit of membership, employees of B:CIVIC member companies will be given first priority to be a part of the pilot, along with a substantial discount to participate in the program.
- The pilot cohort will be limited to 15-20 participants.
- Upon completion of the program, students will receive a non-degree Certificate in Corporate Social Responsibillty from the CU Leeds School of Business.
- The content will comprise 40 hours of class time. Sessions will meet in Boulder on Wednesdays from 6:30-9 pm, September 14 – December 14, 2016 and for five hours on two Saturdays during the semester, dates to be selected by the students, instructor and advisors.
- Tuition is $1750 per person for employees of current B:CIVIC members; $2250 per person for non-members, and payment is not expected until after your application has been accepted. Payment will be made directly to the University of Colorado.
- Full details provide content overview and program specifics, so if you are a CSR professional who wants to elevate your professional knowledge and increase the standards for CSR professionals, join us for this exciting program!