Hogan Lovells: Rising to the Occasion
Released February 2018
Hogan Lovells, a global leading law firm and B:CIVIC founding member recently released their 2017 annual global Pro Bono annual highlights publication, Rising to the Occasion. This publication provides insight into how the Hogan Lovells team gives back globally, donating time and skills to provide clients with the help they could not otherwise afford. Their lawyers are addressing topics around social change, economic empowerment and justice for all.
Some of their highlights include:
- Fighting the US travel ban through the support of travelers and work to fight the ban on behalf of the state of Hawaii.
- Seeking freedom and justice for the Yazidi community in Northern Iraq.
- Holding those accountable for crimes against humanity through investigation and reporting on prisons conditions.
- Contributing to emergency and relief efforts for the Americas in the aftermath of the natural disasters that struck, in addition, to provide legal support to residents impacted by the earthquakes, hurricanes, and flooding.
- Supporting Social Impact Bonds (SIB) to promote economic and social inclusion through microcredit for those living in isolated rural areas. Hogan Lovells also advised and collaborated on the creation of an $8 million women’s livelihood bond to empower over 385,000 women in Southeast Asia focused on financial and social returns.
- Representing victims of terrorist attacks and supporting organizations proactively working to reduce the risk of terrorism globally.
- Combatting child trafficking by working with three nonprofits to produce training materials and an educational film, The Secret Gardeners.
- Committing to the community through B Local, an initiative for Hogan Lovells and local businesses to work together and create opportunities for Baltimoreans.
- Combating capital punishment through policy change on solitary confinement and representing death-sentenced inmates.
- Addressing the barriers that prevent voter’s participation in democratic elections within the US.
- Promoting the Pro Bono culture, and Goal 16 of the UN SDG to create universal change and opportunities for all.
Amongst, a variety of international, prestigious awards the Denver office of Hogan Lovells was recognized by the Colorado Supreme court for “outstanding contribution and service” to pro bono endeavors.
Read the full publication, Rising to the Occasion