AUM Framing & Gallery and sister company, Dry Creek Gold Leaf Frame Makers, known for their framers being some of the most experienced in the region and pride themselves on their craftsmanship and design have a passion for giving back. Throughout the year they support as many organizations as they can, with one of their favorites being the East High Arts Walk.

As one of the first local businesses to become part of the annual May East High Arts Walk they are now one the event’s main sponsors, demonstrating to students how art can be used as a way to give back. How it works?


Any art sold during the Art Walk gives 30% of the proceeds to the East High Arts Department, the other 70%? Goes to the student for their hard work.

How art gets chosen? AUM staff and others look through images of student art and select 40-50 pieces within 3 categories, Photography, Graphic Design and Fine Art. These pieces are then put on display at AUM Gallery (2227 E. Colfax Ave.). Once put on display, local artists are brought in to judges the pieces (this year the artists were Michael Gadlin, Ron Hicks, Sarah Darlene Palmeri, and Fiona Yohannes). The artists then choose the best 3 works in each category along with a best in show.

These 10 pieces then join the logo created that year as entrants to the Permanent Collection at East High School.  AUM and Dry Creek frame all 10 pieces (sponsored by Little Pub Company) and install them into a hallway at East High School to be on display for all students.

The pieces that aren’t chosen for the Permanent Collection remain on display for 2 weeks and are for sale.   Any artwork that is sold is framed by AUM and Dry Creek at no charge.  For any sold artwork (including the 10 pieces entered into the permanent collection) the student receives 70% of the sale proceeds with the remaining 30% donated to the East High Arts Department.  The show will remain on display till May 19 this year.    In addition to student performances at the school they was performances at the Carla Madison Rec Center, Same Café,  Tattered Cover, The Goods, and Three Lions Pub (part of Little Pub Company).

Looking for custom, unique art? Stop by AUM Gallery by May 19th to view East High’s Art Walk and remember your purchase not only helps the student artist, but also the East High Art Department. 



More about AUM Framing And Gallery:

AUM Framing And Gallery is an art gallery and custom framing company located in Denver. Since the early 1980’s they have been known for their craftsmanship and design when it comes to framing and insight and skills for acquiring original art for their art consultations.  Well they are new to B:CIVIC they are not new to giving back and supporting the local community. Through a variety of organizations and causes, they give back year round.