In 2017, FirstBank, a founding member of B:CIVIC, introduced the tagline “banking for good.” This represents more than just a company-wide slogan; it represents a corporate mindset about how Colorado’s second largest bank always tries to do what’s right for its community, customers and employees. Their 2017 Community report demonstrates how the bank often puts community first, while working towards a stronger future for all.
A few highlights include:
- Surpassed more than $60 million donated to nonprofit organizations since 2000
- Last year alone, over $3.7 million was donated to local charities
- As corporate partner to two different Days of Giving, FirstBank also helped Colorado Gives Day and Arizona Gives Day collectively raise more than $39 million for state nonprofits
- Initiated collaborations with housing authorities and organizations to provide more affordable housing programs and financing options to area residents
- Continued educational opportunities through the FirstBank Colorado Scholars program to distribute scholarships; Employee Educational Assistance for employees and their children; and the Colorado Leadership Alliance, a program focused on leadership education at the collegiate level
- Spurred economic development by financing several small businesses and community development/revitalization projects, totaling over $1.2 billion in financial support
- Active engagement with more than 75 organizations in Colorado contributing time, skills and financial resources to support opportunities for all
“Community service is something we do with passion, responsibility and a deep seated sense of pride. We give thousands of volunteer hours, serve on nonprofit boards and committees, and donate a portion of our financial resources to help important causes every year. Giving back is not an item we check off on a to-do list; it’s key to building a strong community. It is just one of many examples of how we bring “banking for good” to life at FirstBank.” — Jim Reuter, CEO
B:CIVIC Members can access FirstBank’s 2017 Community Report in our member-only resource library.