CCSR graduate, and B:CIVIC member, Sarae Kurth planned the inaugural all staff volunteer day for Denver Community Credit Union, #DenverCommunityGives Day. Denver Community Credit Union is a proud B:CIVIC member that has served the Denver community since 1934.
All Denver Community Credit Union staff volunteered across six Volunteers of America Colorado sites on #DenverCommunityGives Day. Volunteer projects supported under-served community members including: at-risk children, women, seniors, and food insecurity and homeless community members across Volunteers of America Colorado locations in Denver. Eighty-six Denver Community employees volunteered a combined 430 hours. Volunteers of America Colorado estimates a cost of $10,380 to pay their staff to do the tasks provided by Denver Community volunteers.
On #DenverCommunityGives Day, credit union staff assisted on projects like:
- Painting and refurnishing emergency shelter rooms for families
- Writing letters to Veterans and Meals on Wheels recipients
- Making fleece blankets and hygiene kits
- Helping to sort and box food donations
- Playing BINGO with seniors
- Hosting a spa day for women who are rebuilding their lives to stay out of the cycle of homelessness
- Reading and making crafts with at-risk children
- Serving meals to food insecure community members
- Cleaning affordable housing and preschool facilities
- And much more!