Elevate Your CSR Expertise:
Join the Certification in Corporate Social Responsibility (CCSR) Program
Starting Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 at 5:30, the fourth session of the Corporate Social Responsibility Certificate Program at CU, Leeds School of Business in partnership with B:CIVIC will commence in Denver. This program unites CSR professionals of all expertise levels, with the goal to further their knowledge, expand their community and to spark ideas and insights. Applications are accepted until the class is full.
Creating the Certification Program – Background and Thanks!
B:CIVIC’s mission is to promote and advance business philanthropy and community involvement across Colorado. To further that goal, we are proud of our initiative to offer the CCSR program in partnership with the Center for Education on Social Responsibility (CESR) at the CU, Boulder Leeds School of Business.
This program grew out of the initiative of B:CIVIC who, together with the CU Leeds Center for Education on Social Responsibility (CESR) and several passionate volunteer CSR professionals who collaborated during 2015 and 2016 to envision and map out the program. These efforts included defining the program focus to address core competencies in CSR, incorporating peer-learning, providing best practice examples from guest speakers, including B:CIVIC member companies, enhancing the CSR profession, and enabling those from B:CIVIC member companies first opportunity to enroll each session. The program was the first of its kind in the metro Denver region when it kicked off in the fall of 2016.
Special thanks to our collaborators and the creators of this program:
- Dr. Mark Meaney, Executive Director, CESR, CU Leeds School of Business
- David S. Payne, Instructor, CESR, CU LEEDS School of Business
- Lori Call, Stakeholder Engagement, Kaiser Permanente and B:CIVIC 2017 Board Chair
- Su Hawk, President/CEO,B:CIVIC
- Geri Mitchell-Brown, Director, Rally for Impact Foundation
- Sondra Smith, Senior Director, Corporate Social Responsibility; Director, Level 3 Communications Foundation
- Jessica Silba, Sr. Manager, Corporate Philanthropy, Community Affairs and Events, The WhiteWave Foods Company
The CU-Boulder Leeds School of Business Certification in Corporate Social Responsibility, in partnership with B:CIVIC, is designed to address the evolving needs of CSR practitioners, regardless of role or title. And, whether you are an experienced CSR professional, just starting out in your CSR career, or wanting to make a career change in this direction, this certification program provides an opportunity to further your knowledge, ideas, and network within the Colorado CSR community. The CCSR course is collaborative, interpersonal and experiential, with dialogue-based learning involving the instructors, class cohorts, and guest speaker/subject matter experts.
In this course you will:
- Learn practical applications and create a “toolbox” of resources
- Hear from local, regional and global experts that will spark ideas and insights
- Expand your community of peers, making valuable professional connections
- Study with CESR, the regional University leader in CSR education, programs and research
Applications are accepted until the class is full, sign up for Spring 2018 today!
- Interested students may fill out an interest form, afterwards you will receive a follow-up to discuss your interest and application
- Or Apply Now
- Spring 2018 semester/session begins on January 17th, so apply soon!
- Employees of B:CIVIC member companies save $500 per person on tuition
- Tuition is $1,750 per person for employees of current B:CIVIC companies; $2,250 per person for non-members. Payment is not expected until after your application has been accepted. Payment will be made directly to the University of Colorado
- Each class is limited to approximately 20 participants
- Classes will be held on Wednesdays, January 17th-April 25th, 5:30-8:30, comprising 40 hours of in-person, interactive class time. Attendance at 11 out of 14 sessions is required to obtain the certification. Accommodations for infrequent, active remote participation are acceptable
- Location of classes is at the University of Colorado, Executive Education Center, 1250 14th Street, Denver
- The curriculum is developed and delivered by Geri Mitchell-Brown, CESR faculty and CSR professional. The course advisor is David Payne, CESR faculty and sustainable business professional. More
- Upon completion of the program, students will receive a non-degree Certificate in Corporate Social Responsibility from the CU, Leeds School of Business
If you are a CSR professional who wants to elevate your professional knowledge and increase the standards for CSR professionals, join us for this exciting program!
Congratulations to the graduates from our first-ever CSR Certification program
Congratulations to all of the graduates from the first-ever CSR Certification program at the Leeds School of Business, CESR Center, presented in partnership with B:CIVIC.
The graduates gathered Dec 14, 2016, to celebrate the completion of their program.
Shown from left to right, front row: Geri Mitchell-Brown (instructor), Tricia Vincent, Lora Ledermann, Jessica Sibila, Heidi Box, Robin Fleishmann, David Payne (instructor). Back row: Marc Ross, Sarae Kurth, Lisa Konen, Karla Baise, Karen Spencer, Amy Rosenblum, Brian Lichtenheld. Not pictured is Denise Jendrusch.