Invitation to Elevate Your CSR Expertise and Join Our New Certification in Corporate Social Responsibility (CCSR) Program
B:CIVIC’s mission is to promote and advance business philanthropy and community involvement across Colorado, and we are so proud today to announce a new program and a partnership with the Center for Education on Social Responsibility (CESR) at the CU-Boulder Leeds School of Business.
Why This Is Important
More and more businesses are joining the movement of conscious capitalism – choosing to evaluate their success on the “triple bottom line” – their impact on people and the planet, as well as making a profit. In addition, corporations face ever-increasing pressure from consumers, shareholders, and society to be more socially responsible. As a consequence, people leading CSR efforts within their companies are looking for ways to learn practical, applicable best practices that can help deliver maximum value back to their companies and the communities they serve.
The newly created CU-Boulder Leeds School of Business Certification in Corporate Social Responsibility, in partnership with B:CIVIC, is designed to address the evolving needs of CSR practitioners, regardless of role or title. And, whether you are an experienced CSR professional, just starting out in your CSR career, or wanting to make a career change in this direction, this certification program provides an opportunity to further your knowledge, ideas and network within the Colorado CSR community.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the class is filled.
- As yet another benefit of membership, employees of B:CIVIC member companies will be given first priority to be a part of the pilot, along with a substantial discount to participate in the program.
- The pilot cohort will be limited to 15-20 participants.
- Upon completion of the program, students will receive a non-degree Certificate in Corporate Social Responsibillty from the CU Leeds School of Business.
- The content will comprise 40 hours of class time. Sessions will meet in Boulder on Wednesdays from 6:30-9 pm, September 14 – December 14, 2016 and for five hours on two Saturdays during the semester, dates to be selected by the students, instructor and advisors.
- Tuition is $1750 per person for employees of current B:CIVIC members; $2250 per person for non-members, and payment is not expected until after your application has been accepted. Payment will be made directly to the University of Colorado.
- Full details provide content overview and program specifics, so if you are a CSR professional who wants to elevate your professional knowledge and increase the standards for CSR professionals, join us for this exciting program!