The Civic 50 Colorado
A Civic 50 Most Community-Minded Company:
In 2018, for the second straight year, Schwab was recognized as one of America’s 50 most community-minded companies by Points of Light. The award honors how extensively Schwab applies resources to community engagement, aligns philanthropic work with key business functions, supports community through organizational policies, and measures the social and business impact of community programs. – Charles Schwab
What is The Civic 50 Colorado?
Since 2012, The Civic 50, an initiative of Points of Light has recognized the 50 most community-minded major corporations in the nation as determined by an annual survey developed by True Impact.
The national Civic 50 will be offered for the first time on the state level for Colorado in 2019. The Civic 50 Colorado will recognize the 50 most community-minded small, medium, and large companies in Colorado as determined by True Impact’s adapted national Civic 50 survey that is independently administered and scored. By benchmarking and celebrating best practices, it provides visibility and a framework for how local companies can use their employees time, skills, and other resources to improve the quality of life in our community.
Local companies honored at the national Civic 50: AT&T, Charles Schwab, Comcast, Hogan Lovells, KPMG, S&P Global, Wells Fargo & many more
Take the assessment by July 31, 2019.
The Civic 50 Colorado honorees are selected based on four dimensions of their community engagement program:
- Investment: How extensively and strategically the company applies its resources to community engagement in Colorado, including employee time and skills, cash, in-kind giving and public leadership.
- Integration: How a company’s Colorado community engagement program supports business interests and integrates into business functions, or how it “does well by doing good.”
- Institutionalization: How the company supports community engagement in the Colorado through its organizational policies, systems and incentives.
- Impact: How the company measures the social and business outputs and outcomes of its Colorado community engagement program.
To The Civic 50 Colorado Support Webinar on July 9 at 2:00 PM MST
Join Points of Light for a webinar to learn about The Civic 50 Colorado and answer your questions about the survey application.
Why should my company participate for The Civic 50 Colorado?
- Opportunity to gain recognition recognition as an inaugural Civic 50 Colorado honoree
- Honorees will be celebrated and recognized at The Civic 50 Colorado Reception on Sept. 19 and through a partnership with the Denver Business Journal
- The top honoree will be announced at the 2020 National Conference on Volunteerism hosted by Points of Light.
Have additional questions? See our frequently asked questions.