Congratulations to all of the December 2016 graduates from the first-ever CSR Certification Program at the CU Leeds School of Business, CESR Center, presented in partnership with B:CIVIC (visit our page for those pictured).
The program grew out of the initiative of B:CIVIC who, together with the CU Leeds Center for Education on Social Responsibility (CESR) and several passionate volunteer CSR professionals, collaborated during 2015 and 2016 to envision and map out the program. These efforts included defining the program focus to address core competencies in corporate social responsibility, incorporating peer-learning, providing best practice examples from guest speakers, including B:CIVIC member companies, enhancing the CSR profession, enabling those from B:CIVIC member companies first opportunity to enroll each session and providing a tuition discount to B:CIVIC members. The program was the first of its kind in the metro Denver region when it kicked off in the fall of 2016.
Special thanks to our collaborators and the creators of this program:
- Dr. Mark Meaney, Executive Director, CESR, CU Leeds School of Business
- David S. Payne, Instructor, CESR, CU LEEDS School of Business
- Lori Call, Stakeholder Engagement, Kaiser Permanente and B:CIVIC 2017 Board Chair
- Su Hawk, President/CEO, B:CIVIC
- Geri Mitchell-Brown, Director, Rally for Impact Foundation
- Sondra Smith, Senior Director, Corporate Social Responsibility; Director, Level 3 Communications Foundation
- Jessica Silba, Sr. Manager, Corporate Philanthropy, Community Affairs and Events, The WhiteWave Foods Company